Guerrieri Rizzardi 2019 "Keya" Chiaretto Rosé
- Guerrieri-Rizzardi, the historic house in Veneto, dates back to the unification of two ancient estates in 1913, when Carlo Rizzardi from Valpolicella, married Guiseppina Guerrieri of Bardolino.
- The new winery is completely solar powered, combining the best that technology offers in a carbon neutral way with vineyards that have been in the family for centuries.
- With the energy of the new younger generation in the family, Guerrieri-Rizzardi has experienced a renaissance of sorts over the last twenty years and is known throughout Europe as one of the finest, most classical producers in the region, with wines built on tension and “cut.”
ABOUT THE WINE
- This rosé is made from selected plots throughout the Bardolino estate, planted in the villages of Cavaion and Bardolino, on the hills of the eastern side of Lake Garda.
- The soil type in this area is of glacial moraine origin with sandy-silty base. Pebble rock with high levels of magnesium and medium calcium. The age of the vine varies from 3 to 50 years old.
- KEY-A is a play on the first two syllables of Chi-a-ret-to (KEY-A), pronounced KEE-AH. The name also signifies what the wine represents, as we have long thought that the real strength of the Bardolino vineyards lie in their ability to make world class rosé wines.
- Regional factors such as a mild climate, the vineyards proximity to the lake, light soils and the grape characteristics of lighter skins in the varietals used (especially Corvina and Rondinella) combine to make a perfect recipe for great rosé.
Vintage: 2019 | Wine Type: Rosé Wine
Varietal: Corvina 65%, Rondinella 15%, Sangiovese & Merlot
Origin:Italy | Appellation:Bardolino Classico DOC
Elaboration: Drawing of the vats after several hours of fermentation. Followed by vinification as a white for 10 -12 days at a temperature of 15°- 16° C in temperature controlled stainless steel vats. Aged 4+ months in temperature controlled stainless steel & concrete vats
Winemaker: Giuseppe Rizzardi
“The 2019 Guerrieri Rizzardi Keya leaps from the glass in a rich and ripe display, showing sweet honeydew melon, offset by hints of sage and mint, with sweet smoke and pretty florals. Silky textures then flood the senses with ripe fruits offset by a twang of zesty acids and minerals, also taking on a hint of tropical citrus. It finishes long yet vibrant, slowly sizzling away and just begging me to take another sip.” – Eric Guido, Vinous
Production: 3,750 cases | Alcohol: 13% | TA: 5.31 g/l | Residual Sugar: 3.2 g/l | pH: 3.32 g/l
PRESS & POINTS
2019 – 91 Points, Vinous
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.