Farmer's Leap 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon
- In 1993 the first Shiraz, Chardonnay and Cabernet vines were planted in the rich soils of the Longbottom’s farm in Padthaway, South Australia.
- At the heart of their viticulture vision is working with the land to produce the highest quality wines with minimal intervention. Much consideration is given to soil type, trellis design, vine clone and row orientation to optimize sunlight.
- The best wines are grown on terra-rossa soil – red clay sitting atop limestone. This world renowned soil is optimal for wine production, and when combined with the elevated topography of the block, provides a perfect base for producing brilliant wines.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Padthaway was established as a viticultural region in 1963. Since then the region has proved to be an excellent area for Cabernet Sauvignon.
- As a single varietal, the wine is typically of medium body with cool climate characteristics to the fore. The tannins are fine and soft and the wine does not need significant oak influence. Farmer’s Leap Cabernet is approachable young but has the potential to age for many years.
Vintage: 2015 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Origin: Australia | Appellation: Padthaway
Elaboration: Sourced from two vineyard sites in close proximity, planted 17 and 22 years ago on heavier loamy soil. Fruit fermented on skins for eight days before being pressed and transferred to barrel. Matured 15 months in 100% French oak barrels.
Winemaker: Renae Hirsch, Univ. of Adelaide
Broad and satisfying with ripe boysenberry and blueberry on the palate with violet aromas and classic savory herbs of oregano & thyme. Tannins are fine and dusty, and the finish lingering and packed with flavor.
Production: 1000 cases | Alcohol: 14.1% | TA: 5 g/l | Residual Sugar: 1 g/l | pH: 3
PRESS & POINTS
2015 Wine submitted to press
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.