Durigutti 2018 Malbec Reserva
ABOUT THE PRODUCER
- Brothers Héctor and Pablo Durigutti are two of Argentina’s most sought after consulting enologists.
- Hector first became known for his work alongside Alberto Antonini as one of the co-founders of Altos Las Hormigas, the forward thinking project that placed Argentine Malbec on the international map in the late nineties.
- Pablo comes with his own star studded resume which includes a stint at Catena and connections with more old-vine landowners than anyone else in the region.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Old vine fruit from Lujan de Cuyo (vineyard planted in 1928) and La Consulta (vineyard planted in 1940) give this release substantial color, attack, and body
- Many Argentine “Reserva” Malbecs are sadly dominated by excessive oak – This is not one of those wines – The use of well-seasoned barrels allows the heirloom vineyard fruit to shine bright
Vintage: 2018 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: 50% Uco Valley (1940) and 50% Luján de Cuyo (1928)
Elaboration: Native yeast fermentation. Aged 18 months in French oak (30% first use, 70% second use). Unfined and unfiltered.
Winemaker: Hector and Pablo Durigutti
Ripe and racy, with a briary underpinning to the focused beam of raspberry and boysenberry fruit. The finish is layered with mocha and licorice notes. This “big” wine matches sensationally with charcoal-grilled beef.
Production: 1,500 cases | Alcohol: 14.5% | TA: 5.75 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.50 g/l | pH: 3.48
PRESS & POINTS
2017 – 90 Points, James Suckling
2017 – 91 Points, Tim Atkin
2016 – 90 Points, James Suckling
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.