Durigutti 2019 Cabernet Franc Clasico
ABOUT THE PRODUCER
- Brothers Héctor and Pablo Durigutti are two of Argentina’s most sought after consulting enologists.
- Hector first became known for his work alongside Alberto Antonini as one of the co-founders of Altos Las Hormigas, the forward thinking project that placed Argentine Malbec on the international map in the late nineties.
- Pablo comes with his own star studded resume which includes a stint at Catena and connections with more old-vine landowners than anyone else in the region.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Over the past six years Hector and Pablo have been producing the most consistently high scoring Cabernet Franc in Argentina
- This bottling comes from old vines in La Consulta and Agrelo – Both vineyards used have terrific exposure to the delight of those who prefer a more forward style of Cabernet Franc – Think layers of peppery blue fruit and zero “green” flavors
Vintage: 2019 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: Cabernet Franc
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: 30% La Consulta – 70% Agrelo
Elaboration: Alcoholic Fermentation with native yeasts during 20 days at temperatures between 27º-28ºC. Malolactic fermentation in oak. Aged 12 months in 30% American oak and 70% French oak.
Winemaker: Hector and Pablo Durigutti
This is very floral and inviting on the nose with notes of rosemary, violets, lavender, citrus, orange peel and boysenberries, as well as lots of spicy undertones. Full-bodied and really seductive with tightly-wound, grainy tannins, vibrant acidity and a long, succulent finish. -James Suckling
Production: 2,000 cases | Alcohol: 13.9% | TA: 5.34 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.5 g/l | pH: 3.7
PRESS & POINTS
2018 – 93 Points, James Suckling
2018 – 90 Points, Tim Atkin
2017 – 94 Points, Wine and Spirits
2017 – 94 Points, James Suckling
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.