Bouza 2016 Merlot Reserva
- Juan and Elisa Bouza established their winery in 2000 by restoring a historic winery originally built in the 1940’s by Numa Pesquera in the outskirts of Montevideo.
- Over the last ten years Bouza has established itself as Uruguay’s most critically acclaimed producer.
- Uruguay’s temperate, Atlantic influenced climate sees four distinct seasons and temperatures rarely exceed 93 degrees.
- Bouza’s Winemaker, Dr. Eduardo Boido, is considered Uruguay’s authority on all things Tannat.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Sourced from the winery’s vineyards in Melilla and Las Violetas. Bouza’s Merlot vines are the oldest varietals on the property, and have come into their own in recent years.
Vintage: 2016 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Merlot
Origin: Uruguay | Appellation: Canelones
Elaboration: Manual harvest, between March 1 and 8, 2016. Aged 8 months in French oak barrels. Bottled January 12th, 2017.
Winemaker: Dr. Eduardo Boido
Intense red color with ruby highlights. Red fruit aromas, cherry and raspberry, with floral notes. Good volume in mouth, balanced and with silky tannins. Medium finish with aromas that remind of the initial perception.
Production: 1,060 cases | Alcohol: 14.3% | TA: 3.5 g/l | Residual Sugar: 3.1 g/l | pH: 3.21
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.