Bouza 2017 "B6" Tannat
- Juan and Elisa Bouza established their winery in 2000 by restoring a historic winery originally built in the 1940’s by Numa Pesquera in the outskirts of Montevideo.
- Over the last ten years Bouza has established itself as Uruguay’s most critically acclaimed producer.
- Uruguay’s temperate, Atlantic influenced climate sees four distinct seasons and temperatures rarely exceed 93 degrees.
- Bouza’s Winemaker, Dr. Eduardo Boido, is considered Uruguay’s authority on all things Tannat.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Sourced from Las Violetas, Bouza’s warmer, clay-driven vineyard located 15 miles north of the winery.
- This bottling shows more purple fruit aromas and flavors in comparison to it’s cousin, their “A6” bottling, which tends to be more savory and soil-driven.
- Year in and year out this is one of the richest, balanced, most memorable examples of single vineyard Tannat produced in Uruguay.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: “B6” Tannat
Origin: Uruguay | Appellation: Canelones (Las Violetas)
Elaboration: Manual harvest at optimum maturity on March 4, 2015. Aged for 16 months in new French and Caucasean oak barrles. Bottled on September 1, 2016, without filtering to preserve the maximum potential of the vineyard.
Conservation: 12-15 years
Winemaker: Dr. Eduardo Boido
Intense red color with purple nuances. Aromas of quince with mentholated and toasted notes. Balanced in mouth with silky tannins. Long finish.
Production: 367 cases (6x750ml) | Alcohol: 15.1% | TA: 3.3 g/l | Residual Sugar: 3.0 g/l | pH: 3.7
PRESS & POINTS
2015 – 92 Points and Editor’s Choice, Wine Enthusiast
2009 – 92 Points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.