Bouza 2017 "B6" Tannat
- Juan and Elisa Bouza established their winery in 2000 by restoring a historic winery originally built in the 1940’s by Numa Pesquera in the outskirts of Montevideo.
- Over the last ten years Bouza has established itself as Uruguay’s most critically acclaimed producer.
- Uruguay’s temperate, Atlantic influenced climate sees four distinct seasons and temperatures rarely exceed 93 degrees.
- Bouza’s Winemaker, Dr. Eduardo Boido, is considered Uruguay’s authority on all things Tannat.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Sourced from Las Violetas, Bouza’s warmer, clay-driven vineyard located 15 miles north of the winery.
- This bottling shows more purple fruit aromas and flavors in comparison to it’s cousin, their “A6” bottling, which tends to be more savory and soil-driven.
- Year in and year out this is one of the richest, balanced, most memorable examples of single vineyard Tannat produced in Uruguay.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: “B6” Tannat
Origin: Uruguay | Appellation: Canelones (Las Violetas)
Elaboration: Manual harvest. Aged for 16 months in new French and Caucasean oak barrles. No filtering to preserve the maximum potential of the vineyard.
Conservation: 12-15 years
Winemaker: Dr. Eduardo Boido
Intense red color with purple nuances. Aromas of quince with mentholated and toasted notes. Balanced in mouth with silky tannins. Long finish.
Production: 367 cases (6x750ml) | Alcohol: 15.1% | TA: 3.3 g/l | Residual Sugar: 3.0 g/l | pH: 3.7
PRESS & POINTS
2017 – 91 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2015 – 92 Points and Editor’s Choice, Wine Enthusiast
2009 – 92 Points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.