Arbeau 2018 Old Vine Negrette
- Anne Arbeau, mom of two and a PhD in Fluid Mechanics, planned to work for Renault in Paris, but pivoted to the family wine business when her father passed away in 2004.
- Arbeau family estate, started in 1878 by Anne Arbeau’s great-great-grandmother.
- While her brother is involved in managing vineyards, the ladies are truly in charge here – Anne makes the wine, conferring with her mom and grandma on decisions.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Farming is AB certified organic, and fermentation and aging of this wine takes place in steel tank to reflect the variety in its purest form.
- Fruit is harvested from 100-year-old vines and hails from a vineyard site of gravel soils.
- This wine is classic old vine Negrette: aromas of blackberries, herbs and a subtle meatiness.
- Fermented with native yeast.
Vintage: 2018 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Negrette
Origin: France | Appellation: Fronton
Winemaker: Anne Arbeau
“Aromatic, with the tiniest touch of sour-cherry/berry fizz at first sip, the wine opens up to reveal a meaty core surrounded by layers of strawberry and plums sprinkled with violets and black pepper. With soft tannins and a rich fruit core, it’s like Syrah meets Pineau d’Aunis meets Gamay. Love at first sip, especially at this price!” – rockjuiceinc.com
Production: 2000 cases | Alcohol: 13.5% | TA: 7.4 g/l | Residual Sugar: <.2g/l | pH: 3.7
PRESS & POINTS
2018 – 90 pts, Best Buy, Wine Enthusiast
2018 – 90 pts, Wine & Spirits
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.