Arbeau 2018 Old Vine Negrette
- Anne Arbeau, mom of two and a PhD in Fluid Mechanics, planned to work for Renault in Paris, but pivoted to the family wine business when her father passed away in 2004.
- Arbeau family estate, started in 1878 by Anne Arbeau’s great-great-grandmother.
- While her brother is involved in managing vineyards, the ladies are truly in charge here – Anne makes the wine, conferring with her mom and grandma on decisions.
ABOUT THE WINE
- Farming is AB certified organic, and fermentation and aging of this wine takes place in steel tank to reflect the variety in its purest form.
- Fruit is harvested from 100-year-old vines and hails from a vineyard site of gravel soils.
- This wine is classic old vine Negrette: aromas of blackberries, herbs and a subtle meatiness.
- Fermented with native yeast.
Vintage: 2018 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Negrette
Origin: France | Appellation: Fronton
Winemaker: Anne Arbeau
“Aromatic, with the tiniest touch of sour-cherry/berry fizz at first sip, the wine opens up to reveal a meaty core surrounded by layers of strawberry and plums sprinkled with violets and black pepper. With soft tannins and a rich fruit core, it’s like Syrah meets Pineau d’Aunis meets Gamay. Love at first sip, especially at this price!” – rockjuiceinc.com
Production: 2000 cases | Alcohol: 13.5% | TA: 7.4 g/l | Residual Sugar: <.2g/l | pH: 3.7
PRESS & POINTS
2018 – 90 pts, Best Buy, Wine Enthusiast
2018 – 90 pts, Wine & Spirits
Having trouble finding our wines in your area? Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine below.
You may also like…
La Lôyane 2017 Lirac Vieilles Vignes Red$26.99 Add to cart
La Lôyane 2020 Côtes Du Rhône Vieilles Vignes Red$18.99 Add to cart