- In the late 1970’s Hans Jörg Böhm, a German viticulturist of tremendous energy and passion, arrived in Portugal to undertake the daunting task of cataloging
the Portuguese wine varietals. He suspected there were a number of lesser-known and unidentified varieties with great potential - he discovered
about 300 different varietals and opened the first vine nursery in Portugal, dubbed “Evora” in the region of Alentejo.
- This knowledge, passion and sense of purpose, to celebrate and ensure the future of indigenous varietals was passed to his daughter Dorina Lindemann,
herself a young enologist who in 1997 founded the winery Quinta da Plansel.
- Dorina’s work is focused on monvarietal wines and blends of the most significant grapes of northern Portugal: Touriga Nacional, Tinta Barroca and Touriga
Franca. In 2001, she launched the first single varietal wines in Portugal and continues to champion these iconic grape varieties.
About the Wine
- Fruit sourced from a small, 4.5 ha vineyard on the estate planted to Touriga Nacional and TintaBarrocain 1994.
- The soils are residual granite and metamorphic sedimentary soils and no herbicides are used.
- Tinta Barroca is sturdy by nature with richness & grip - Dorina has also drawn great complexity & elegance form the grape in this bottling
Vintage: 2015 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Tinta Barroca
Origin: Portugal | Appellation: Quinta da Plansel
Elaboration: Grapes harvested by hand on 9 September with selection taking place in the field. Open lagar maceration and fermentation.
Aged in French oak barrels for 14 months.
Winemaker: Dorina Lindemann
On the nose, intense aromas of rich cherry, a lacing of tobacco and cedar. The palate is round, with compote & fresh red fruits, a bit of dark chocolate
and a sustained finish.
Production: 5,000 cases | Alcohol: 14.6% | TA: 5.6 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.5
g/l | pH: 3.74
Press & Points
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine