- Guerrieri-Rizzardi, the historic house in Veneto, dates back to the unification of two ancient estates in 1913, when Carlo Rizzardi from Valpolicella,
married Guiseppina Guerrieri of Bardolino.
- The new winery is completely solar powered, combining the best that technology offers in a carbon neutral way with vineyards that have been in the
family for centuries.
- With the energy of the new younger generation in the family, Guerrieri-Rizzardi has experienced a renaissance of sorts over the last twenty years and
is known throughout Europe as one of the finest, most classical producers in the region, with wines built on tension and "cut."
About the Wine
- Pojega is a historic “cru” vineyard that sits next to the world renowned garden of the same name that was purchased by the Rizzardi family in the 1600’s.
- These widely spaced vines are old for the region and therefore loaded with character.
- This cuvee is produced from the Southernmost parcels of the vineyard, where a larger than normal proportion of the grapes planted are the late-ripening
Corvinone a.k.a. “super Corvina”.
- Following traditional practice for the style, the wine sees a second fermentation with still-warm raisined pomace from the winery’s Amarone.
- This is a refreshing, balanced alternative to the “modernized/consumerist” Ripasso that most of the region’s wineries are producing these days – REUSED
SKINS ONLY ON THE REPASS, NO DRIED GRAPE ADDITIONS, AND NO ARTIFICIAL HEATING!
- DOC guidelines allow 2 bottles of Ripasso for every bottle of Amarone a winery produces, and Rizzardi’s ratio is unusually low at 1.2, meaning more
impact and character from the skins.
- Cellared in barrels previously used for the winery’s Amarone.
Vintage: 2015 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 45% Corvina / 45% Corvinone / 5% Merlot / 5% Rondinella
Origin: Italy | Appellation: Valpolicella Classico DOP
Elaboration: Hand picked and hand sorted. In the winery in Negar, the alcoholic fermentation and maceration of de-stemmed grapes
is carried out over usually 10 days at temperature of 25°C. Followed by the secondary fermentation technique of "Ripasso". 12 months in Slavonian and
Winemaker: Giuseppe Rizzardi
Full bodied with abundant fruit and a fine, silky texture.
Production: 5,000 cases (12x750ml) | Alcohol: 13.5% | TA: 5.94 g/l | Residual Sugar: 1.7
g/l | pH: 3.5 g/l
Press & Points
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine