- Domaine La Loyane is a name you will start to hear regularly in discussions of noteworthy wine from the Southern Rhone.
- Romain Dubois started his winemaking career on the property at the age of fifteen under the advisement of his father, from whom he has inherited 75
acres of mostly old vine parcels in Lirac and Tavel. When you look at Romain it is hard to believe that he just completed his twentieth vintage
- This is someone with experience and knowledge of the region's terroir that belies his young age of 35 years.
- Laure Dubois, Romain’s charismatic and engaging wife, worked as a chef in nearby Chateauneuf-du-Pape prior to the birth of their two children, and
she is now responsible for all of the vineyard work at the Domaine.
- Farming is organic, and most fermentation and aging takes place in steel tank. A portion of each wine is raised in their collection of ten used 600
About the Wine
- This single vineyard Lirac release comes from an area called “Les Theys” which is a site that boasts the oldest grenache vines (150 years young!) in
all of Lirac.
- Yields are more than twice as low as the appellation norm - 20 hl/hectacre!
- Best-in-appellation Lirac with a balance between intensity and deliciousness
Vintage: 2016 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 50% Grenache, 30% Merlot, 20% Carignan
Origin: France | Appellation: Lirac
Elaboration: Naturally farmed, hand-picked grapes. Fermented in a combination of stainless tank and used 600 liter demi-muid
Winemaker: Romain Dubois
"A welcome find in blind tasting through some 46 Liracs was Domaine La Lôyane's 2015 Lirac, which featured intoxicating aromas of cherries and chocolate.
This full-bodied, cedar and richly tannic wine finishes with flourishes of cherry and vanilla. It's a bit modern and ripe but frankly delicious.” -
Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate Issue 233.
Production: 1400 cases | Alcohol: 15.00% | TA: 3.2 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.70
g/l | pH: 3.80
Press & Points
2016 - 90 Points - Wine Enthusiast
2015 - 92 Points - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine