- After about six years of making wine for an informal market of family and friends, Garage Wine Co. was featured in Chile’s El Mercurio newspaper in
an article dedicated to the growing grass roots movement of small production wine making. The firm was referred to as “that Garage Wine Company”
and it was too late to change the name, and time to forge an enterprise!
- Garage Wine Co. makes about a dozen different single vineyard wines per year that include mountain grown Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc from
Maipo and a bevy of traditionally farmed Carignan based blends from Maule and Itata.
- Grapes are trucked to harvest in a trailer behind Derek Mossman's trusty pickup 2,000 kilos at a time and these are "naked" Chilean wines to the core
- Fermented with native yeasts, punched down manually, and raised in neutral barrels.
About the Wine
- Sourced from some of the deepest, most personality packed vines you'll find anywhere - the Garnacha vines are grafted onto 150 year old Pais rootstock!
- This is the most perfumed, aromatic, and elegant Garnacha bottling the winery produces.
Vintage: 2013 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: Garnacha (85%), Syrah (15%)
Origin: Chile | Appellation: Maule
Elaboration: Fermented naturally, caps were punched down by hand and pressing was strictly manual. The wine was barreled in neutral
oak over one winters and then bottled in recycled glass.Unfined and unfiltered.
Conservation: Drink now through 2018
Winemakers: Pilar Miranda, Dr. Alvaro Peña & Derek Mossman
"This is a Garnacha/Syrah field blend marked lot #49 where the Garnacha was grafted on roots of País that was over 150 years old. It's perfumed, floral,
aromatic, intoxicating, nuanced and harmonious, with the elegance and subtleness of a white wine. It has good grip, with very fine tannins and great
acidity.” ~ Wine Advocate
Production: 500 cases | Alcohol: 13.5% | TA: 5.81 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.1 g/l |
Press & Points
2014 - 94 Points,Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
2014 - 92 Points, James Suckling
2014 - 94 Points, Descorchados
2014 - 94 Points, Tim Atkin
2013 - 92 Points, Vinous
2013 - 91 Points, Wine Advocate
2013 - 92 Points, James Suckling
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine