ABOUT THE PRODUCER
- Fitz Roy is a collaboration between Elixir and France's famed Lurton brothers with the intention of bringing you hand crafted, terroir driven, sustainably
farmed Chilean varietal wine with unbelievable pricing.
- Named after the highest mountain in Patagonia, whose granite flanks stand as a sentinel between Argentina and Chile.
- Wines are produced at the Lurton’s ecological winery just outside the historic village of Lolol with grapes sourced from biodynamic vineyards.
About the Wine
- The classical zone of Colchagua is South America's most sought after region for Cabernet Sauvignon.
- This example is sturdy and broad-shouldered, with that spicy cigar box note Colchagua's best vines so often contribute to a finished wine.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
Origin: Chile | Appellation: Colchagua Valley
Elaboration: Alluvial granite soils located close to the ocean. Mornings bring fog and mountains bring cold air in evenings. Yields
are 50 hl/ha or less. Manual picking in small boxes, double selection, (once in the vineyard and once at the winery) and then grapes chilled before
crushing. Maceration on skins 35 days. Aged 10 months in used oak barrels.
Conservation: Drink now through 2020
Winemaker: Francois Lurton
Dark ruby in color. Bright aromas of blackberry leading to a palate of roasted nuts and chocolate, and spicy berries. Graceful tannins give
this Cabernet a beautiful finish.
Production: 2000 cases | Alcohol: 13.5% | TA: 3.28 g/l | Residual Sugar: 3.05
g/l | pH: 3.98
Press & Points
2017 - 90-92 Points, Wine X
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine