- In 1993 the first Shiraz, Chardonnay and Cabernet vines were planted in the rich soils of the Longbottom’s farm in Padthaway, South Australia.
- At the heart of their viticulture vision is working with the land to produce the highest quality wines with minimal intervention. Much consideration
is given to soil type, trellis design, vine clone and row orientation to optimize sunlight.
- The best wines are grown on terra-rossa soil – red clay sitting atop limestone. This world renowned soil is optimal for wine production, and when combined
with the elevated topography of the block, provides a perfect base for producing brilliant wines.
About the Wine
- Padthaway is home to some excellent Chardonnay vineyards, producing wines with lovely fruit expression but also good acid structures.
- Sourced from two mature Chardonnay vineyards - the first on flat, loamy soil, giving rich fruit characters. The other sits at the base of a hillside,
on red loamy clay over limestone, providing the critical acid backbone and a lovely minerality.
Vintage: 2018 | Wine Type: White Wine
Varietal: 100% Chardonnay
Origin: Australia | Appellation: Padthaway
Elaboration: Fruit harvested at night and sent straight to the winery for pressing. Fifteen percent fermented and matured
in new French puncheons and the remainder in older French hogsheads for nine months before individual barrels were selected for blending before
Winemaker: Renae Hirsch
An aromatic mix of floral and lemon citrus combined with savory notes of oatmeal and hints of cashew on the palate. Bright and round, with mouthwatering
acidity balancing the full fruit structure.
Production: 6 cases | Alcohol: 14.1% | TA: 5 g/l | Residual Sugar: 1 g/l | pH: 3
Press & Points
2018 Wine Submitted to Press
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine