- Matías Riccitelli started his boutique winery in 2009, located in Las Compuertas at 1100 meters above sea level. It is the highest area of Lujan de Cuyo, and here he tends 20 hectares of ungrafted old vineyards. Matías also works with small, independent growers that own their lands at the bottom of the Andes halfway between 1000 and 1700 meters above sea level - in Gualtallary, Chacayes, Altamira and La Carrera.
- All harvests are conducted by hand and fermentation takes place in small concrete vats and concrete eggs. Purity and delicacy in winemaking are prized
by Matías and great care is taken in preserving the fruit’s singularity in order to obtain vibrant wines.
- In 2015 a new project was begun: old vineyards of Semillon, Merlot and Malbec were discovered and reclaimed in Argentinian Patagonia. The vineyards
are located in the Rio Negro high valley and were planted in the late 1960’s. The resulting wines are fresh, intensely aromatic and highly balanced.
About the Wine
- Harvested manually in small cases around 20 kg to ensure the integrity of each bunch
- A tidy choice of the grape selection if done before the fermentation process
- Grapes are harvested early to mid-February, without skin maceration, softly pressed and fermented in low temperature concrete vats
Vintage: 2018 | Wine Type: Rose
Varietal: 100% Malbec
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Perdriel
Elaboration: This wine expresses the versatility of Malbec to adapt itself to any kind of wine. Harvested in February
from our vineyard in Perdriel at the banks of the Mendoza River, pressed immediately and fermented at low temperatures during several weeks, it turns
into a great aromatic wine with natural acidity. Its aging continues in concrete eggs.
Winemaker: Matias Riccitelli
Beautiful pink salmon color. This wine shows floral aromas with notes of white fruits and citrics. It is a fresh and elegant wine perfect for a summer
sunset. "You can tell this is going to be fun just by looking at the label... but it ain't just fun, this is really good dry Rose from Argentinian
Malbec. Floral on the nose and medium weight on the palate. Still very much Provence Rose in style." - Chris L, Veno
Production: 2500 cases | Alcohol: 12% | TA: g/l | RS:
3.5g/l | pH: 3.5/7.2
Press & Points
2016 - 90 Points Wine Advocate
"The most impressive progression in the last few years could be that of Matías Riccitelli. It's always interesting
and fun tasting with Riccitelli, who this year showed me some new bottlings and the consolidation of some labels that were new the previous time. His business
has grown to 400,000 bottles per vintage, and the quality keeps going up. When you can grow quality and quantity at the same time, it means you must be
doing something right. Riccitelli is one of the names to really follow in Argentina, one of the greatest progressions in the last few years and one of
the more exciting portfolios I tasted in Argentina in this round”. - Luis Gutierrez, Wine Advocate #237
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine