ABOUT THE PRODUCER
- Hervé Fabre moved to Mendoza from his native Bordeaux in the early nineties and was the first foreigner to construct and operate a winery in the region.
- The winery’s offerings are based on the incredible collection of vineyards Hervé Fabre purchased during his first years in Mendoza, all on original
rootstock and some planted to vines that are over 100 years in age.
- Fabre Montmayou’s offerings are year in and year out some of the most critically acclaimed examples in the region, and more European in style than
their Mendoza counterparts - Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate has called them “Argentine wines with a French accent”
ABOUT THE WINE
- Sourced from naturally farmed estate vines in the Vistalba zone of Lujan de Cuyo that average 40 years of age.
- If people are looking for an impeccably made example of old-vine Mendoza Malbec with structure, balance and complexity in spades, and for under $20
bucks, advise them to look no further than this. Believe it or not this was the first varietal-labeled Malbec in Argentine history back in the
early nineties (odd that it took so long for this to happen but shockingly this is true).
Vintage: 2015 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: Vistalba, Lujan de Cuyo, Mendoza
Elaboration: Hand picked estate grown fruit harvested from March 25th - April 14th. Native yeast fermentation. 60% of the wine
was aged in French oak barrels for 12 months.
Conservation: Drink now through 2020.
Winemaker: Herve J. Fabre
"The 2015 Malbec Reserva is from Lujan de Cuyo, from their own vineyards in the Vistalba zone. It followed a traditional fermentation and one year
in used barrels for 60% of the wine. It has a floral nose of violets and cherries with hints of sweet spices, quite harmonious. The house
style is quite elegant, with polished tannins and a soft texture. Classical Vistalba Malbec. Very good value." ~ Wine Advocate
Production: 30,000 cases | Alcohol: 14.0% | TA: g/l | Residual Sugar: g/l
Press & Points
2015 - 91 Points, Silver
2015 - 91 Points, Decanter
2015 - 90 Points, Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
2014 - 94 Points, Tim Atkin
2014 - 92 Points, Descorchados (Patricio Tapia)
2014 - 92 Points, Wine & Spirits
2014 - 91 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2013 - 93 Points, James Suckling
2012 - 90 Points, Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
2012 - 91 Points, Descorchados (Patricio Tapia)
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine