About The Producer
- Brothers Héctor and Pablo Durigutti are two of Argentina's most sought after consulting ecologists.
- Hector first became known for his work alongside Alberto Antonini as one of the co-founders of Altos Las Hormigas, the forward thinking project that
placed Argentine Malbec on the international map in the late nineties.
- Pablo comes with his own star studded resume which includes a stint at Catena and connections with more old-vine landowners than anyone else in the
About the Wine
- Their flagship Malbec bottling, this wine represents what Hector and Pablo Durigutti do best - It is a juicy, forward example of the varietal while
at the same time astonishingly complex on the palate.
- High altitude fruit from La Consulta provides structure and power, while fruit from the warmer sector of Vistalba adds brightness and supple texture.
Vintage: 2017 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: La Consulta, Vistalba, and Medrano; Mendoza
Elaboration: Native yeast fermentation. Aged in new American oak for 12 months. Unfined and unfiltered.
Winemaker: Héctor and Pablo Durigutti
Blueberry tart, citrus, vanilla, spices and some nice blackcurrants and morello cherries. Tight with fresh acidity and a fruity finish. Drink now -James
Production: 19,100 cases | Alcohol: 14% | TA: 5.38 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.6 g/l
| pH: 3.65
Press & Points
2017 - 90 Points, James Suckling
2014 - 90 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2013 - 90+ Points, Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar
2012 - 90 Points, Tastings.com
2011 - 90 Points, Wine Enthusiast
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine