About The Producer
- Brothers Héctor and Pablo Durigutti are two of Argentina's most sought after consulting ecologists.
- Hector first became known for his work alongside Alberto Antonini as one of the co-founders of Altos Las Hormigas, the forward thinking project that
placed Argentine Malbec on the international map in the late nineties.
- Pablo comes with his own star studded resume which includes a stint at Catena and connections with more old-vine landowners than anyone else in the
About the Wine
- Over the past six years Hector and Pablo have been producing the most consistently high scoring Cabernet Franc in Argentina
- This bottling comes from old vines in La Consulta and Agrelo - Both vineyards used have terrific exposure to the delight of those who prefer a more
forward style of Cabernet Franc - Think layers of peppery blue fruit and zero “green” flavors
Vintage: 2016 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: Cabernet Franc
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: 30% La Consulta – 70% Agrelo
Elaboration: Alcoholic Fermentation with native yeasts during 20 days at temperatures between 27º-28ºC. Malolactic fermentation in
oak. Aged 12 months in 30% American oak and 70% French oak.
Winemaker: Hector and Pablo Durigutti
Intense dark red color. To the nose, spices and smoked aromas, chocolate and vanilla. Buttery tannins with ripeness and strength in the palate.
Production: 2,000 cases | Alcohol: 14.0% | TA: 5.34 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.5 g/l | pH: 3.7
Press & Points
2017 - 94 Points, Wine Advocate
2014 - 90 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2013 - 93 Points, James Suckling, (Top 3 in Argentina)
2013 - 90 Points, Stephan Tanzer
2013 - 90 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2012 - 90 Points, Wine Enthusiast
2011 - 89 Points, Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine