About The Producer
- Brothers Héctor and Pablo Durigutti are two of Argentina's most sought after consulting ecologists.
- Hector first became known for his work alongside Alberto Antonini as one of the co-founders of Altos Las Hormigas, the forward thinking project that
placed Argentine Malbec on the international map in the late nineties.
- Pablo comes with his own star studded resume which includes a stint at Catena and connections with more old-vine landowners than anyone else in the
About the Wine
- Hector and Pablo Durigutti have long been passionate about the potential of Bonarda in Argentina and consistently craft some of the best examples produced
- This wine stands out amongst its peers due to the use of low yielding, late-picked fruit
- We’ve found this a surprisingly perfect pairing with Italian-American cuisine - Think lasagne, spaghetti and meatballs, manicotti….
Vintage: 2015 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Origin: Argentina | Appellation: 65% Agrelo, Luján de Cuyo and 35% Rivadavia, Mendoza
Elaboration: Native yeast fermentation. Aged in stave-studded cement tanks (first use American oak) for 10 months. Unfined and unfiltered.
Winemaker: Héctor and Pablo Durigutti
Lush and spicy ripe-fruit driven nose, with a broad, fairly explosive palate of red cherry, plum, chocolate, and mint. Bright, refreshing acidity
holds everything together and makes this an excellent choice with spicy foods.
Production: 4,200 cases | Alcohol: 14% | TA: 5.26 g/l | Residual Sugar: 2.5g/l | pH: 3.7
Press and Points
2017 - 92 Points, James Suckling
2013 - 91 Points, James Suckling
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine