- The ever-innovative Emmanuel Rybinski is without question Cahors' hottest young star.
- Emmanuel's ten acre estate sits atop an iron rich plateau on the Southern border of the appellation - The iron chunks scattered atop this vineyard are so pure you could sell them to a smelter.
- The property is unusually high in elevation with allows Emmanuel to farm organically with ease (he is above the fog line and therefore has no issues with mildew). Rows are plowed by horse and spaced tightly.
- In 2005, the operation was classified under rational agriculture and in January 2014, Clos Troteligotte became certified organic.
- The Rybinski family home is equally impressive - An off the grid Eco/DIY masterpiece Emmanuel created from a 17th century stone barn.
About the Wine
- K-Or is the most obviously mineral wine in Emmanuel's lineup. Grapes are harvested early for appellation standards and fermented/aged in unlined concrete squares (Emmanuel makes the point that he prefers to have living biology present on the walls of his vessels).
- Emmanuel paints the K on the label here red because he cherishes the "bloody" aromas this wine gives off upon opening.
Vintage: 2015 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Malbec
Origin: France | Appellation: Cahors
Cold Maceration between 10 and 12 ° C for 5 days with no yeasts or enzymes. Full body pigeage for 10 days. 30 day maceration. Aged for 18 months in concrete vessels.
Winemaker: Emmanuel Rybinski
K-or boasts dark, dense, very firm tannins while still showing black plum and berry fruits. It has concentration and a solid, chunky structure that promises aging over at least 5–6 years.
Production: 1,000 cases | Alcohol: 13.5% | TA: g/l | Residual Sugar: g/l | pH:
Press & Points
2012 - 92 Points, "Editor's Choice", Wine Enthusiast
2011 - 92 Points, "Editor's Choice", Wine Enthusiast
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine