- The ever-innovative Emmanuel Rybinski is without question Cahors' hottest young star.
- Emmanuel's ten acre estate sits atop an iron rich plateau on the Southern border of the appellation - The iron chunks scattered atop this vineyard are so pure you could sell them to a smelter.
- The property is unusually high in elevation with allows Emmanuel to farm organically with ease (he is above the fog line and therefore has no issues with mildew). Rows are plowed by horse and spaced tightly.
- In 2005, the operation was classified under rational agriculture and in January 2014, Clos Troteligotte became certified organic.
- The Rybinski family home is equally impressive - An off the grid Eco/DIY masterpiece Emmanuel created from a 17th century stone barn.
About the Wine
- While the purpose of K-Or is to showcase the impact of iron in Emmanuel's vineyard, K-Lys is made to show the rich/deep/forward fruit that can be coaxed out of this site. With that in mind grapes for K-Lys are harvested later in the season each year.
- To keep things balanced Emmanuel sources this from some of the most iron rich blocks on his estate, and the resulting mineral notes become quite apparent once you age this cuvee in bottle for 5-7 years.
Vintage: 2011 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Malbec
Origin: France | Appellation: Cahors
Cold Maceration between 10 and 12 ° C for 5 days with no yeasts or enzymes. Full body pigeage for 10 days. 30 day maceration. Aged for 24 months in new French oak, followed by 12 months in concrete tanks.
Winemaker: Emmanuel Rybinski
Spicy aromas and flavors of plums, violets, and blackberry with focused mineral notes, rich texture and sturdy tannins. An impressive wine showing the richness of the 2009 vintage.
Production: 1,000 cases | Alcohol: 13.3% | TA: 3.61 g/l | Residual Sugar: 0.19 g/l | pH: 3.46
Press & Points
2009 - 91 Points, "Editor's Choice", Wine Enthusiast
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine