- The ever-innovative Emmanuel Rybinski is without question Cahors' hottest young star.
- Emmanuel's ten acre estate sits atop an iron rich plateau on the Southern border of the appellation - The iron chunks scattered atop this vineyard are so pure you could sell them to a smelter.
- The property is unusually high in elevation with allows Emmanuel to farm organically with ease (he is above the fog line and therefore has no issues with mildew). Rows are plowed by horse and spaced tightly.
- In 2005, the operation was classified under rational agriculture and in January 2014, Clos Troteligotte became certified organic.
- The Rybinski family home is equally impressive - An off the grid Eco/DIY masterpiece Emmanuel created from a 17th century stone barn.
About the Wine
- K-2 is named for one of the highest mountains on earth and is the top wine of the estate. Sourced from Emmanuel's oldest, lowest yielding vines. This is Cahors at its highest purity.
- Elevage in unlined clay amphora makes natural sense for this naked/dramatic bottling. About 15% of the wine evaporates through the clay during its one year aging period.
Vintage: 2014 | Wine Type: Red Wine
Varietal: 100% Malbec
Origin: France | Appellation: Cahors
Elaboration: Cold maceration before fermentation for 5 days at cold temperatures. Long fermentaon at low temperatures for 10 days with manual punching of the cap. Natural yeast. Maceration for 30 days, temperatures controlled. Ageing for 12 months in terracotta amphora.
Winemaker: Emmanuel Rybinski
"Produced from organically grown grapes, this is the top of the Troteligotte range. It is made from 25-year-old vines, and aged in amphorae. That gives a wine that is rich with soft rounded tannins and juicy blackberry fruits. It has a dense texture from aging on the lees in the amphorae." ~WE
Production: 330 cases | Alcohol: 13.0% | TA: 2.69 | Residual Sugar: 0.06 | pH: 3.69
Press & Points
2014 - 94 Points, "Cellar Selection," Wine Enthusiast
2013 - 95 Points, "Cellar Selection," Wine Enthusiast
2012 - 95 Points, "Editor's Choice," Wine Enthusiast
2011 - 95 Points, "Cellar Selection," Wine Enthusiast
TECH SHEET PDF
Having trouble finding our wines in your area?
Send us an inquiry where to find it or purchase this wine